“Growing with our community” has been the history of Wilson & Kratzer since its inception.
The business was originally known as Smallwood Parlors when Aubrey Wilson purchased the business which occupied a 25-foot store room on Macdonald Avenue near 8th Street. In 1921, Aubrey Wilson acquired the property at 7th and Bissell, and with the investment funds from his partner C.C. Kratzer, a well-known automobile dealer in Richmond, the name became Wilson & Kratzer Funeral Home. In 1926, Aubrey Wilson was elected coroner of Contra Costa County.